We recognize some of our consumers prefer foods and beverages that are vegan and wish to easily identify them. We are sensitive to consumers’ needs and preferences and have broadened our portfolio to include vegan products. To help consumers to quickly and easily identify these products, we label them as vegan.
Given the complexity and broad use of vegan claims in food production and the absence of an official national standard for vegan labeling in the U.S., Nestlé Health Science has developed the following criteria for labeling its products as vegan.
Our products bearing vegan claims do not contain the following ingredients:
- Seafood or Fish
- Animal by-products
- Eggs or egg products
- Dairy or dairy products
- Honey or honey bee products
- Insects or products from insects
- Ingredients filtered or processed with bone char or other animal products
- Animal derived GMOs or genes
- Cross contact with any animal-derived ingredients or ingredient sources
We fully support consumers’ desire to know what is in their food and are committed to providing transparency about our ingredients to consumers of Nestlé Health Science’s products.